Stay connected with us
around the nation »

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for FishNews

J1 Visa Information

The Exchange Visitor (J-1) visa is a non-immigrant visa issued by the United States to individuals of other nationalities to participate in work-and study-based exchange visitor programs.  More than 350,000 J-1 visa visitors come to the United States each year, including high school and university students, researchers, physicians, and summer work travelers. The NOAA Fisheries Office of International Affairs processes J-1 visas for visitors interested in coming to NOAA Fisheries. To learn more about this program, please contact Jenni Olson (