- Fisheries Home
- About Us
- Science Centers
- News & Multimedia
- Fisheries Resources
- Educators and Students
- Get Involved
Subcommittees and Task Forces
U. S. DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
Chair : Julie Morris
Executive Director : Jennifer Lukens, Designated Federal Official, NOAA Fisheries Service.
Executive Subcommittee (Beideman, Bonney, Corbin, *Morris, Yochem,)
- Assists with agenda development, subcommittee assignments, and administrative issues for Committee business.
Strategic Planning, Budget and Program Management Subcommittee (Bonney, Eder, Rheault)
- Reviews and advises on strategic planning elements relevant to the agency's mission and performance, budget operations and priorities, and reviews.
- Provides input on the status of existing management programs within NOAA Fisheries Service.
Commerce Subcommittee (Ames, Beideman, Bonney*, Corbin*, Eder, Okoniewshi, Rheault, Yochem)
- Reviews and advises on fishery management and emergent socio-economic issues such as offshore aquaculture, seafood technology, and consumer interests.
- Oversees the work and assignments to the Aquaculture Task Force.
Protected Resources Subcommittee (Ames, Brandon, Brown, Hamilton, Morris*, Yochem)
- Reviews and advises on protected species programs operating under the Marine Mammal Protection Act and the Endangered Species Act.
Ecosystem Approach Subcommittee (Ames, Bonney, Brame, Brandon, Brown, Hamilton, McCarty, Morris, Shelley, Yochem*)
- Reviews programs and initiatives involved with the development and implementation of ecosystem approaches to fisheries management.
- Oversees the Climate and Marine Resources Task Force and its work.
Recreational Fisheries Subcommittee (Brame, Dyskow, Hamilton)
- Advises on initiatives and policies that pertain to recreational fisheries, fishermen, and related industries.
* = Subcommittee Chair
Members may serve on more than one Subcommittee or working group without term limits and based upon their interest and request to participate.