To report a violation, call:
OLE Takes a Bite Out of Illegal Shark Fishing
Shark finning and illegal shark fishing has global implications. Rules and regulations are strict to ensure shark sustainability. Read More . . .
PSMA Training Underway
With training modules complete, OLE has started training enforcement partners on implementation of the PSMA. Read More . . .
OLE Boots-On-Water In Indonesia
A look through the lens: experts from OLE conduct PSMA implementation workshop in Manado, Indonesia. Read More . . .
Video: Cracking the Research Set-Aside Case
In 2010, the NOAA Office of Law Enforcement embarked on a 4-year investigation which exposed one of the largest fisheries conspiracy networks on the East Coast. Read More . . .
Observers assist in case, vessel owner fined $75K
NOAA OLE closes a successful investigation after numerous Observers filed complaints against an Alaskan-based vessel. Read More . . .
From tackling seafood fraud nationally to helping crack down on illegal fishing internationally, we're here to make sure that those who obey the rules reap the benefits of fair competition and an even playing field in the market. We protect marine resources and their habitat and help safeguard the health of seafood consumers and the livelihoods of coastal communities.
- Another North Carolina Commercial Fishermen Pleads Guilty To Illegally Harvesting and Selling Atlantic Striped Bass
- Two More North Carolina Commercial Fishermen Plead Guilty To Illegally Harvesting And Selling Atlantic Striped Bass
- Cowart Seafood, Inc. Officers Charged with Illegal Seafood Conspiracy and Firearms Violation
- Another Commercial Fisherman Pleads Guilty to Illegally Harvesting and Selling Atlantic Striped Bass
- Aquarium operator re-sentenced to eight additional months of incarceration, after violating conditions of his release