To report a violation, call:
Sea Turtles See Justice
February 28, 2014: NOAA’s Office of Law Enforcement and the FBI conducted a joint undercover operation leading to the arrest of a Puerto Rican man for his role in the illegal sale of sea turtle meat. Read More . . .
Keep Your Distance from Wild Dolphins
March 12, 2014: NOAA’s Enforcement Program continues to see cases of injury and harassment to dolphins in the wild, resulting in federal prosecution. Read More . . .
RSA Violations Result in Arrest, Guilty Plea
April 11, 2014: NOAA special agents tackle research set-aside violations in the illegal catch of more than 290,000 pounds of fluke. Read More . . .
Dominos continue to fall in RSA case
April 23, 2014: Criminal charges have been levied against a New York fish dealer for the purchase of more than 240,000 pounds of illegal fluke. Read More . . .
From tackling seafood fraud nationally to helping crack down on illegal fishing internationally, we're here to make sure that those who obey the rules reap the benefits of fair competition and an even playing field in the market. We protect marine resources and their habitat and help safeguard the health of seafood consumers and the livelihoods of coastal communities.
- NOAA Fisheries partners with U.S. Customs and Border Protection to advance import safety
- NOAA releases draft revisions to its Policy for the Assessment of Civil Administrative Penalties and Permit Sanctions
- Final rule on dolphin-safe label for tuna products announced
- Pompano Beach Resident Charged With Illegally Trafficking In Marine Life
- Florida Keys Resident Charged With Illegally Trafficking In Marine Life
- Florida Man Sentenced for Illegal Sale of Gulf of Mexico Reef Fish
- Joint Law Enforcement Effort Leads to Issuance of First Ever Interpol Purple Notice from the United States
- New York Marine Life Dealer Convicted And Sentenced For Illegal Wildlife Trafficking