To report a violation, call:
1-800-853-1964To report a complaint, email:
International Ivory Smuggling Ring Dismantled
February 19, 2014: Three co-defendants in Tennessee and New Jersey have been arrested in connection with illegal trafficking of narwhal tusks from Canada to the United States. Read More . . .
Sea Turtles See Justice
February 28, 2014: NOAA’s Office of Law Enforcement and the FBI conducted a joint undercover operation leading to the arrest of a Puerto Rican man for his role in the illegal sale of sea turtle meat. Read More . . .
Keep Your Distance from Wild Dolphins
March 12, 2014: NOAA’s Enforcement Program continues to see cases of injury and harassment to dolphins in the wild, resulting in federal prosecution. Read More . . .
RSA Violations Result in Arrest, Guilty Plea
April 11, 2014: NOAA special agents tackle research set-aside violations in the illegal catch of more than 290,000 pounds of fluke. Read More . . .
From tackling seafood fraud nationally to helping crack down on illegal fishing internationally, we're here to make sure that those who obey the rules reap the benefits of fair competition and an even playing field in the market. We protect marine resources and their habitat and help safeguard the health of seafood consumers and the livelihoods of coastal communities.
- NOAA Fisheries partners with U.S. Customs and Border Protection to advance import safety
- NOAA releases draft revisions to its Policy for the Assessment of Civil Administrative Penalties and Permit Sanctions
- Final rule on dolphin-safe label for tuna products announced
- Idaho aquarium fined $10K for illegal fish trafficking Keynews.com
- Michigan Aquarium Employee Sentenced For Illegal Trafficking Of Marine Life
- Idaho Aquarium Sentenced For Illegal Trafficking Of Marine Life
- Commercial fisherman admits to underreporting fluke catches Newsday
- Beachgoers reminded to stay away from newborn Harbor seal pups KTVU.com