To report a violation, call:
Dolphin Feeding = Harm to Animals, Fines
August 19, 2014: A Panama City business and its boat captain were fined for their role in feeding wild dolphins off the Florida Panhandle. Read More . . .
ESA Protections, Criminal Conviction
September 24, 2014: An Oregon charter boat captain pleaded guilty and was sentenced for harvesting protected wild coho salmon with sport fishing clients. Read More . . .
Scallop Overharvesting Sinks Seafood Company
October 4, 2014: The owner of a Maine seafood company was sentenced to 30 months in prison for his role in conspiring with six fishing boat operators to prepare false reports to conceal the overharvesting of nearly 80,000 pounds of Atlantic sea scallops. Read More . . .
IUU Task Force Releases Recommendations
December 16, 2014: A Presidential Task Force has developed its recommendations to combat illegal, unregulated, and unreported (IUU) fishing and seafood fraud, available for review with a request for comment on implementation strategies. Read More . . .
From tackling seafood fraud nationally to helping crack down on illegal fishing internationally, we're here to make sure that those who obey the rules reap the benefits of fair competition and an even playing field in the market. We protect marine resources and their habitat and help safeguard the health of seafood consumers and the livelihoods of coastal communities.
- Enforcement Office Joe Snyder awarded NAWEOA 2014 Lifesaving Award
- NOAA Fisheries partners with U.S. Customs and Border Protection to advance import safety
- NOAA releases draft revisions to its Policy for the Assessment of Civil Administrative Penalties and Permit Sanctions
- DNR, federal agencies investigate Oregon company shipping illegal, uncertified bait
- Brooklyn Fish Dealer Sentenced To Four Months For Wire Fraud
- Seafood Company And Owner Sentenced For False Records Conspiracy, Overharvesting Sea Scallops Off Atlantic Coast
- Miami Seafood Firm Pleads Guilty, Sentenced For Seafood Labelling Fraud
- Top prosecutor talks Keys cases