Helping fishermen and lobstermen coexist
March 21, 2013: NOAA, enforcement partners and lobstermen's association team up to address gear conflicts. Read More . . .
Keep distance from sick sea lions
April 2, 2013: Members of the public should not try to assist sea lions on their own, but leave rescues to professionals authorized by NOAA Fisheries. Picking up marine mammals is illegal under the Marine Mammal Protection Act. Read More . . .
Panels Shed Light on Seafood Mislabeling
April 17, 2013: The Northeast Division of NOAA’s Office of Law Enforcement teamed up with industry members and our federal partners in March to tell the public what we are doing to prevent mislabeled seafood from ending up on our plates. Read More . . .
Enforcement actions protect sustainable fisheries
May 13, 2013: American Seafoods Company and the owners and operators of the catcher/processors Ocean Rover and Northern Eagle have been charged for tampering with the equipment used for weighing Alaska pollock. Read More . . .
From tackling seafood fraud nationally to helping crack down on illegal fishing internationally, we're here to make sure that those who obey the rules reap the benefits of fair competition and an even playing field in the market. We protect marine resources and their habitat and help safeguard the health of seafood consumers and the livelihoods of coastal communities.
- Our headquarters office has moved! We now are located at 1315 East-West Highway, Suite 3301, Silver Spring, MD 20910. Our main line, 301-427-2300, remains the same.
- Federal fisheries officials say 'honeymoon over' - six red snapper violations issued The Times-Picayune
- Virginia Charter Boat Captains Sentenced For Felony Illegal Harvest Of Striped Bass
- California Woman Pleads Guilty to Feeding Whales in Marine Sanctuary
- Right whale numbers drop this year, but births up The Daytona Beach News-Journal
- Idaho Aquarium Operator Faces Possible Bond Revocation