- ESA Protections, Criminal Conviction - September 24, 2014: An Oregon charter boat captain pleaded guilty and was sentenced for harvesting protected wild coho salmon with sport fishing clients.
- Dolphin Feeding = Harm to Animals, Fines - August 19, 2014: A Panama City business and its boat captain were fined for their role in feeding wild dolphins off the Florida Panhandle.
- Safeguarding Fisheries Observers - August 15, 2014: An Oregon deck boss has been charged with assaulting a federal fishery observer while at sea.
- Electronic Reporting Required for HMS Dealers - July 24, 2014: All federally permitted Atlantic HMS dealers are required to electronically report commercially harvested species on a weekly basis.
- Dominos continue to fall in RSA case - April 23, 2014: Criminal charges have been levied against a New York fish dealer for the purchase of more than 240,000 pounds of illegal fluke.
- RSA Violations Result in Arrest, Guilty Plea - April 11, 2014: NOAA special agents tackle research set-aside violations in the illegal catch of more than 290,000 pounds of fluke.
- Keep Your Distance from Wild Dolphins - March 12, 2014: NOAA’s Enforcement Program continues to see cases of injury and harassment to dolphins in the wild, resulting in federal prosecution.
- Sea Turtles See Justice - February 28, 2014: NOAA’s Office of Law Enforcement and the FBI conducted a joint undercover operation leading to the arrest of a Puerto Rican man for his role in the illegal sale of sea turtle meat.
- International Ivory Smuggling Ring Dismantled - February 19, 2014: Three co-defendants in Tennessee and New Jersey have been arrested in connection with illegal trafficking of narwhal tusks from Canada to the United States.
Read Feature Stories from the our news archive >>