- It’s that time of year! No bass fishing in EEZ - Science and history determines the need to restrict fishing activities of specific species.
- Fisherman jailed for 7 months, will pay $603,000 - October 29, 2015: New York fisherman, Anthony Joseph, is sentenced for the illegal harvest of more than 290,000 pounds of summer flounder.
- United States and Russia Sign Agreement to Prevent Illegal Fishing - On September 11, 2015, Russian and U.S. negotiators signed a bilateral agreement to combat illegal, unreported, and unregulated (IUU) fishing.
- Are You Ready? Changes Looming For VMS Users - VMS codifies program requirements and expands enforcement areas.
- Officers, Agents Leverage Social Media for Leads - Social media has an increased roll in OLE operations.
- Seven Years Later Justice is Served - May 20, 2015: Federal seafood dealer sentenced for illegal scallop purchases.
- Alaska Agencies Team-Up for Joint Operation - Patrolling remote Alaska waters can be an daunting task, but with the help of state partners, OLE meets its mission.
- Community-focused officer earns award - Northeast Region's Wilmarth, building community relationships and educating industry, named Officer of the Year.
- 2.5 Year Investigation Ends In Jail - April 17, 2015: Former dock manager found guilty for tax evasion and Lacey Act violations.
- Presidential Taskforce to Combat IUU Fishing - March 20, 2015: The action plan for implementing the Task Force Recommendations is now available.
- Former Dealer Pleads Guilty to Felony Charge - January 30, 2015: Maryland fish dealer plead guilty in federal court to a single felony count of submitting false reports to NOAA, in violation of the Lacey Act for purchasing scallops in excess of the legal landing limit.
Read Feature Stories from the our news archive >>