- OLE Strives to Safeguard Bluefin Tuna - Tunas are one of several highly regulated species for which special care and attention is needed to ensure the stability of the fish.
- Reminder: EEZ Rec Black Sea Bass Season is Closed - The 2016 recreational black sea bass fishery in the EEZ of the Greater Atlantic Region is closed until May 15.
- OLE Special Agent Joins Offshore Aquaculture Convo - Detail of special agent to NOAA Aquaculture Program highly advantageous to OLE as a whole.
- Alaska Enforcing MSA, NPHA One Case at a Time - Alaska has highly regulated fisheries and those who choose to ignore regulations will be fined.
- It’s that time of year! No bass fishing in EEZ - Science and history determines the need to restrict fishing activities of specific species.
- Fisherman jailed for 7 months, will pay $603,000 - October 29, 2015: New York fisherman, Anthony Joseph, is sentenced for the illegal harvest of more than 290,000 pounds of summer flounder.
- United States and Russia Sign Agreement to Prevent Illegal Fishing - On September 11, 2015, Russian and U.S. negotiators signed a bilateral agreement to combat illegal, unreported, and unregulated (IUU) fishing.
- Are You Ready? Changes Looming For VMS Users - VMS codifies program requirements and expands enforcement areas.
- Officers, Agents Leverage Social Media for Leads - Social media has an increased roll in OLE operations.
- Seven Years Later Justice is Served - May 20, 2015: Federal seafood dealer sentenced for illegal scallop purchases.
- Alaska Agencies Team-Up for Joint Operation - Patrolling remote Alaska waters can be an daunting task, but with the help of state partners, OLE meets its mission.
- Community-focused officer earns award - Northeast Region's Wilmarth, building community relationships and educating industry, named Officer of the Year.
- 2.5 Year Investigation Ends In Jail - April 17, 2015: Former dock manager found guilty for tax evasion and Lacey Act violations.
Read Feature Stories from the our news archive >>