- United States and Russia Sign Agreement to Prevent Illegal Fishing - On September 11, 2015, Russian and U.S. negotiators signed a bilateral agreement to combat illegal, unreported, and unregulated (IUU) fishing.
- Are You Ready? Changes Looming For VMS Users - VMS codifies program requirements and expands enforcement areas.
- Officers, Agents Leverage Social Media for Leads - Social media has an increased roll in OLE operations.
- Seven Years Later Justice is Served - May 20, 2015: Federal seafood dealer sentenced for illegal scallop purchases.
- Alaska Agencies Team-Up for Joint Operation - Patrolling remote Alaska waters can be an daunting task, but with the help of state partners, OLE meets its mission.
- Community-focused officer earns award - Northeast Region's Wilmarth, building community relationships and educating industry, named Officer of the Year.
- 2.5 Year Investigation Ends In Jail - April 17, 2015: Former dock manager found guilty for tax evasion and Lacey Act violations.
- Presidential Taskforce to Combat IUU Fishing - March 20, 2015: The action plan for implementing the Task Force Recommendations is now available.
- Former Dealer Pleads Guilty to Felony Charge - January 30, 2015: Maryland fish dealer plead guilty in federal court to a single felony count of submitting false reports to NOAA, in violation of the Lacey Act for purchasing scallops in excess of the legal landing limit.
- IUU Task Force Releases Recommendations - December 16, 2014: A Presidential Task Force has developed its recommendations to combat illegal, unregulated, and unreported (IUU) fishing and seafood fraud, available for review with a request for comment on implementation strategies.
Read Feature Stories from the our news archive >>