- Fisheries Home
- About Us
- Science Centers
- News & Multimedia
- Fisheries Resources
- Educators and Students
- Get Involved
- Presidential Taskforce to Combat IUU Fishing - March 20, 2015: The action plan for implementing the Task Force Recommendations is now available.
- Former Dealer Pleads Guilty to Felony Charge - January 30, 2015: Maryland fish dealer plead guilty in federal court to a single felony count of submitting false reports to NOAA, in violation of the Lacey Act for purchasing scallops in excess of the legal landing limit.
- IUU Task Force Releases Recommendations - December 16, 2014: A Presidential Task Force has developed its recommendations to combat illegal, unregulated, and unreported (IUU) fishing and seafood fraud, available for review with a request for comment on implementation strategies.
- Scallop Overharvesting Sinks Seafood Company - October 4, 2014: The owner of a Maine seafood company was sentenced to 30 months in prison for conspiring to prepare false reports to conceal the overharvesting of nearly 80,000 pounds of Atlantic sea scallops.
- ESA Protections, Criminal Conviction - September 24, 2014: An Oregon charter boat captain pleaded guilty and was sentenced for harvesting protected wild coho salmon with sport fishing clients.
- Dolphin Feeding = Harm to Animals, Fines - August 19, 2014: A Panama City business and its boat captain were fined for their role in feeding wild dolphins off the Florida Panhandle.
- Safeguarding Fisheries Observers - August 15, 2014: An Oregon deck boss has been charged with assaulting a federal fishery observer while at sea.
- Electronic Reporting Required for HMS Dealers - July 24, 2014: All federally permitted Atlantic HMS dealers are required to electronically report commercially harvested species on a weekly basis.
Read Feature Stories from the our news archive >>