- Fisheries Home
- About Us
- Science Centers
- Fisheries Resources
- Educators and Students
- News & Multimedia
- Get Involved
Sign up forFishNews
and other email updates
The NOAA Fisheries Leadership Council is the senior policy making and advisory body for Agency policy, decision making, strategy, direction, and guidance serving the Assistant Administrator for Fisheries.
Scope of Council
The Leadership Council serves the Agency through its actions in the following areas:
- Developing long term plans, priorities, and direction for the agency.
- Ensuring the integration of science and management to support the mission of the agency.
- Addressing national science, management and operational issues and programs, and developing agency policy.
Leadership Council Membership
The Council is chaired by the Assistant Administrator for Fisheries, and its membership is comprised of:
- The Deputy Assistant Administrator for Operations, the Deputy Assistant Administrator for Regulatory Programs, and the Director of Scientific Programs/Chief Science Advisor
- The five Regional Administrators
- The six Science Center Directors
- The Office and Program Directors of Protected Resources, Sustainable Fisheries, Habitat Conservation, Science and Technology, Management and Budget, Policy, Seafood Inspection, Law Enforcement, International Affairs, Aquaculture, Communications, the Chief Information Officer, and the National Policy Advisor for Recreational Fisheries