- Fisheries Home
- About Us
- Science Centers
- News & Multimedia
- Fisheries Resources
- Educators and Students
- Get Involved
- OPR Home
- Health & Stranding
- Laws & Policies
- Conservation & Recovery
- About OPR
Apply for a Job or Student Opportunity
All jobs are posted on USAJobs, the Federal Government's official source for federal job listings and employment opportunity information.
Job Openings in the NOAA Fisheries Office of Protected Resources:
- Supervisory Natural Resource Management Specialist
ZP-0401-4, MAP (only open to qualified current or former federal employees)
This position is located in the Permits and Conservation Division of NMFS Office of Protected Resources, located in Silver Spring, MD. The individual selected for this position will:
- Develop and execute strategies for fulfilling Scientific Research and Enhancement Permit (SREP) Program conservation and management responsibilities under Sections 104 of the Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA) and 10(a)(1)(A) of the Endangered Species Act (ESA) in conformance with overarching Office of Protected Resources (OPR), National Marine and Fisheries Services (NMFS) and NOAA policies and missions, as well as Broader MMPA and ESA goals.
- Provide supervision, workload management, oversight, technical direction, performance feedback, developmental input, and hiring for SREP Program staff processing scientific research, enhancement, public display, and photography permits to· ensure timely and effective product.
- Oversee the review, research, and analysis performed to support decision on all SREP Permit applications to ensure analytical rigor, legal defensibility, and use of the best available science.
- Ensure compliance of Program actions (e.g., issuance of permits) with the requirements of Section 7 of the ESA), the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), the National Marine Sanctuaries Act, the Administrative Procedures Act, and other applicable statutes.
- Assist Division Chief with Division management processes, as needed, and effect Division improvement and cohesion by integrating and synergizing across incidental take and scientific research and enhancement programs.
- Search all NOAA job openings.
- NOAA Student Opportunities
Scholarships, internships, and fellowships are available throughout NOAA.
- Federal Job Postings for Students and Recent Graduates
The Pathways Programs offer clear paths to Federal internships, including any available internships in our office, for students from high school through post-graduate school and to careers for recent graduates.
- Presidential Management Fellows Program (PMF)
The PMF Program is a leadership development fellowship designed to attract graduate students to careers in the Federal service.
- ORISE Program
Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) is a U.S. Department of Energy institute focusing on scientific initiatives to research health risks from occupational hazards, assess environmental cleanup, respond to radiation medical emergencies, support national security and emergency preparedness, and educate the next generation of scientists.
- More Career Information for Students
Updated: October 31, 2014