Contact NMFS Office of Protected Resources
If you wish to receive additional information regarding endangered species or marine mammal issues beyond what is available on this site, please contact:
Office of Protected Resources (F/PR)
National Marine Fisheries Service
1315 East-West Highway
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Regional Protected Resources Divisions
- Alaska Regional Office
- Northeast Regional Office
- Northwest Regional Office
- Pacific Islands Regional Office
- Southeast Regional Office
- Southwest Regional Office
Please submit public comments on regulations and other actions using the contact information given in the Federal Register. Regulations and other actions open for comment are published daily at Regulations.gov.
The following OPR actions are currently accepting comments:
- Positive 90-day Finding on a Petition to List Sperm Whales in the Gulf of Mexico as a Distinct Population Segment Under the ESA - through 05/28/2013
- Proposed IHA for Demolition and Construction Activities of the Children's Pool Lifeguard Station at La Jolla, CA - through 06/03/2013
- NOAA Southwest Fisheries Science Center's application for incidental take of marine mammals during fisheries research - through 06/03/2013
- Proposed listing of scalloped hammerhead populations under the ESA - through 06/04/2013
- Proposed LOA for Precision Strike Weapon and Air-to-Surface Gunnery Training and Testing Operations at Eglin Air Force Base, FL - through 06/06/2013
- Proposed MMPA 101a(5)(E) Permit for the California thresher shark/ swordfish drift gillnet fishery and the WA/OR/CA sablefish pot fishery - through 06/07/2013
- Proposed IHA for Shell Marine Seismic Survey in the Chukchi Sea, AK - through 06/13/2013
- Proposed IHA for Naval Base Kitsap Bangor Wharf Construction Project (Year 2) - through 06/20/2013
- Proposed IHA for Naval Base Kitsap Bangor Barge Mooring Project - through 06/21/2013
- Proposed IHA for Naval Base Point Loma Fuel Pier Replacement Project - through 06/24/2013
- 90-day finding on great hammerhead petitions; status review initiated and request for scientific and commercial information on great hammerhead sharks through 06/25/2013 - through 06/25/2013
- Supplemental Draft Environmental Impact Statement on the Effects of Oil and Gas Activities in the Arctic Ocean - through 06/27/2013
- 90-day finding on petition to include Lolita in ESA listing of Southern Resident Killer Whales; request for information about Lolita's genetic heritage and status - through 06/28/2013
- Draft Environmental Assessment for NOAA Southwest Fisheries Science Center's Fisheries Research Program - through 07/01/2013
- 90-day finding on dusky shark petitions; status review initiated and request for scientific and commercial information on the NW Atlantic dusky shark population - through 07/16/2013
- 90-day finding on petition to list the Pacific harbor seals in Iliamna Lake; status review initiated and request for scientific and commercial information on Pacific harbor seals in Iliamna Lake - through 07/16/2013
Contact one of our Regional Stranding Network participants to report a stranded or beached marine mammal.
Most NOAA/Office of Protected Resources photos are in the public domain and cannot be copyrighted. There is no fee for using NOAA photos found on this site, but credit must be given to NOAA, unless otherwise instructed by the photo caption.
Mac: Click and hold down the mouse button on the image and drag the image to your desktop.
Windows: Right-click on the image, select "Save Image As."
If you are having difficulty accessing a document on this web site using assistive technology, please contact us to arrange for an alternative format (please include URL if possible):
Updated: March 14, 2013