Contact NMFS Office of Protected Resources
If you wish to receive additional information regarding endangered species or marine mammal issues beyond what is available on this site, please contact:
Office of Protected Resources (F/PR)
National Marine Fisheries Service
1315 East-West Highway
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Regional Protected Resources Divisions
- Alaska Regional Office
- Northeast Regional Office
- Northwest Regional Office
- Pacific Islands Regional Office
- Southeast Regional Office
- Southwest Regional Office
Please submit public comments on regulations and other actions using the contact information given in the Federal Register. Regulations and other actions open for comment are published daily at Regulations.gov.
The following OPR actions are currently accepting comments:
- Proposed IHA for Point Blue Conservation Science for Seabird and Pinniped Research Activities in Central California - through 12/05/2013
- Proposed IHA for Operation, Maintenance, and Repair of the Northeast Gateway Liquefied Natural Gas Port and the Algonquin Pipeline Lateral Facilities in Massachusetts Bay - through 12/18/2013
- Interim Protective Regulations for the Gulf of Maine Distinct Population Segment of Atlantic Sturgeon - through 12/19/2013
- 90-day finding on petition finds three coral species are candidates for ESA-listing (Cantharellus noumeae, Siderastrea glynni, Tubastraea floreana); request for scientific and commercial information on these three species - through 12/24/2013
- Proposed LOA for Navy Target and Missile Launch Activities at San Nicolas Island, CA - through 12/26/2013
- Proposed Endangered Listing of Five Species of Sturgeons Under the ESA - through 12/30/2013
- 90-day finding on petition to list 3 species of hagfish and 3 species of sea snakes under ESA; status review initiated for the dusky sea snake (Aipysurus fuscus); request for scientific and commercial information on the dusky sea snake - through 01/06/2014
- 90-day finding on petitions to list the pinto abalone (Haliotis kamtschatkana) under ESA; status review initiated and request for scientific and commercial information on the pinto abalone - through 01/17/2014
- 90-day finding on petition to list 19 species and 3 subpopulations of sharks under ESA; status review initiated for 9 species; request for scientific and commercial information on the 9 species - through 01/21/2014
- Draft 2013 Marine Mammal Stock Assessment Reports - through 02/04/2014
Contact one of our Regional Stranding Network participants to report a stranded or beached marine mammal.
Most NOAA/Office of Protected Resources photos are in the public domain and cannot be copyrighted. There is no fee for using NOAA photos found on this site, but credit must be given to NOAA, unless otherwise instructed by the photo caption.
Mac: Click and hold down the mouse button on the image and drag the image to your desktop.
Windows: Right-click on the image, select "Save Image As."
If you are having difficulty accessing a document on this web site using assistive technology, please contact us to arrange for an alternative format (please include URL if possible):
Updated: March 14, 2013