Contact NMFS Office of Protected Resources
If you wish to receive additional information regarding endangered species or marine mammal issues beyond what is available on this site, please contact:
Office of Protected Resources (F/PR)
National Marine Fisheries Service
1315 East-West Highway
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Regional Protected Resources Divisions
- Alaska Regional Office
- Greater Atlantic Regional Office (Northeast)
- Pacific Islands Regional Office
- Southeast Regional Office
- West Coast Regional Office
Please submit public comments on regulations and other actions using the contact information given in the Federal Register. Regulations and other actions open for comment are published daily at Regulations.gov.
The following OPR actions are currently accepting comments:
- Proposed IHA for LDEO/ NSF Marine Geophysical Survey in the Northwest Atlantic Ocean Offshore North Carolina - through 09/02/2014
- Proposed IHA for Maine DOT Pier and Breakwater Replacement Project in Eastport, ME - through 09/02/2014
- Proposed IHA for NSF and ASC Low-Energy Marine Geophysical Survey in the Scotia Sea and South Atlantic Ocean - through 09/04/2014
- Proposed 2015 List of Fisheries categorizes commercial fisheries according to the level of incidental mortality or serious injury of marine mammals - through 09/24/2014
- Proposed Modification of 101(a)(5)(E) Permit for CA Thresher Shark/Swordfish Drift Gillnet and WA/OR/CA Sablefish Pot Fisheries - through 09/24/2014
- Finding on Petition to Designate Sakhalin Bay-Amur River Beluga Whale Stock as Depleted under the Marine Mammal Protection Act - extended through 09/29/2014
- Proposed Changes to ESA Critical Habitat Policies and Regulations - extended through 10/09/2014
- NOAA Fisheries proposes to list Nassau Grouper as threatened under the ESA -
Contact one of our Regional Stranding Network participants to report a stranded or beached marine mammal.
Most NOAA/Office of Protected Resources photos are in the public domain and cannot be copyrighted. There is no fee for using NOAA photos found on this site, but credit must be given to NOAA, unless otherwise instructed by the photo caption.
Mac: Click and hold down the mouse button on the image and drag the image to your desktop.
Windows: Right-click on the image, select "Save Image As."
If you are having difficulty accessing a document on this web site using assistive technology, please contact us to arrange for an alternative format (please include URL if possible):
Updated: May 13, 2014