Contact NMFS Office of Protected Resources
If you wish to receive additional information regarding endangered species or marine mammal issues beyond what is available on this site, please contact:
Mail: Office of Protected Resources (F/PR)
National Marine Fisheries Service
1315 East-West Highway
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Visitors to the office: Some state driver's licenses may not meet Real ID Act standards for accessing Federal buildings. Please refer to the list of acceptable forms of ID for accessing the building.
Regional Protected Resources Divisions
- Alaska Regional Office
- Greater Atlantic Regional Office (Northeast)
- Pacific Islands Regional Office
- Southeast Regional Office
- West Coast Regional Office
Please submit public comments on regulations and other actions using the contact information given in the Federal Register. Regulations and other actions open for comment are published daily at Regulations.gov.
The following OPR actions are currently accepting comments:
- Proposal to designate critical habitat for Arctic ring seals in the northern Bering, Chukchi, and Beaufort Seas - through 03/09/2015
- Protective regulations considered for conservation of 20 threatened coral species - through 03/16/2015
- Proposal to expand critical habitat for endangered North Atlantic Right Whales - through 04/21/2015
- Draft 2014 Marine Mammal Stock Assessment Reports are available for public comment - through 04/29/2015
- Proposal to list the Tanzanian distinct population segment of African Coelacanth as threatened under the ESA - through 05/04/2015
- 90-Day Finding on petition to list the common thresher shark under the ESA; status review initiated and request for scientific and commercial information on the common thresher shark - through 05/04/2015
- Applications for Scientific Research Permits - ongoing
Contact one of our Regional Stranding Network participants to report a stranded or beached marine mammal.
Most NOAA/Office of Protected Resources photos are in the public domain and cannot be copyrighted. There is no fee for using NOAA photos found on this site, but credit must be given to NOAA, unless otherwise instructed by the photo caption.
Mac: Click and hold down the mouse button on the image and drag the image to your desktop.
Windows: Right-click on the image, select "Save Image As."
If you are having difficulty accessing a document on this web site using assistive technology, please contact us to arrange for an alternative format (please include URL if possible):
Updated: September 22, 2014