Lesson Plans - activities about turtles, whales, and more
- Educational tools from NOAA's National Marine Sanctuaries - Explore our new marine life field guide loaded with hundreds of photos and videos, join the free education email network, and more
- Envirofacts - Data warehouse for environmental information from the EPA
- Federal Resources for Educational Excellence (FREE) - Federally-supported teaching and learning resources
- Local Fisheries Knowledge Project - Through interviews with local fishermen, and others in fishing-related industries, students explore the connection between fisheries, the marine environment, their communities, and their own lives.
- National Aquarium in Baltimore Teaching and Learning - The National Aquarium in Baltimore provides resources for student, teachers, and everyone about a variety of marine species and ocean related topics.
- National Marine Sanctuaries - Find curriculum, lesson plans, and activities that will excite your students about science and technology
- NOAA Education Resources - NOAA's many educational activities are distributed across the agency. This site has been designed to help students, teachers, librarians and the general public access the many educational activities, publications, and booklets that have been produced.
- Ocean Literacy - understanding the oceans influence on you and your influence on the ocean
- Ocean Literacy Principle and Concepts [pdf] - Ocean-oriented approach to teaching science standards (K-12)
- Ocean Service Education - Educational resources for teachers and students interested in corals, tides, and geodesy.
- Photo Gallery from National Marine Sanctuaries - collection of photos, maps, videos and other media
- Smithsonian - Educational Resources
- SPLASH Project - The Southwest Region of NMFS has taken extensive photographs of whale, dolphin, and bird species that can be used by teachers and students for educational purposes.
- Teachers at Sea - Teachers sail aboard NOAA Ships and communicate with their students ashore.
- Technologies for Ocean Acoustic Monitoring - from NOAA's Ocean Explorer
- University of Rhode Island, Sounds in the Sea - Discovery of sound in the sea (DOSITS) teacher resources
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute (WHOI) K-12 Resources - WHOI contributes to local, state, and national efforts for K-12 science and mathematics education, as well as offering research fellowships