- Fisheries Home
- About Us
- Science Centers
- News & Multimedia
- Fisheries Resources
- Educators and Students
- Get Involved
Sign up forFishNews
and other email updates
- OPR Home
- Health & Stranding
- Laws & Policies
- Conservation & Recovery
- About OPR
Proposed permit to authorize incidental take of endangered whales by Hawaii deep-set and shallow-set longline fisheries
- Submit comments through 07/14/2014
Draft Negligible Impact Determination (NID) (May 2014) for:
- Central North Pacific Humpback Whale
- Hawaii Sperm Whale
- Main Hawaiian Islands Insular False Killer Whale
- Allen, B.M. and R.P. Angliss. 2013. Draft Alaska Marine Mammal Stock Assessments. U.S. Department of Commerce, NOAA Technical Memorandum, NOAA-TM-NMFS-AFSC- xxx, 261 p.
- Carretta, J.V., E. Oleson, D.W. Weller, A.R. Lang, K.A. Forney, J. Baker, B. Hanson, K. Martien, M.M. Muto, T. Orr, H. Huber, M.S. Lowry, J. Barlow, D. Lynch, L. Carswell, R.L. Brownell Jr., and D.K. Mattila. 2013. U.S. Pacific Marine Mammal Stock Assessments: 2013 (DRAFT). U.S. Department of Commerce, NOAA Technical Memorandum, NMFS-SWFSC- XXX, 311 p.
- McCracken, M.L. 2010. Adjustments to false killer whale and short-finned pilot whale bycatch estimates. NMFS, Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center Working paper WP-10-007, 23p.
- McCracken, M.L. 2014. Prediction of future bycatch of sea turtles and certain cetaceans in the Hawaii deep-set longline fishery. PIFSC Internal report IR-13-029. Issued May, 2014.
- NMFS. 2012a. Biological Opinion for the Continued Operation of the Hawaii-based Shallow-set Longline Swordfish Fishery--Under Amendment 18 to the Fishery Management Plan for Pelagic Fisheries of the Western Pacific Region. Pacific Islands Regional Office, Protected Resources Division. January 30, 2012. 162 pp.
- NMFS. 2012b. Final Environmental Assessment, Regulatory Impact Review, and Final Regulatory Flexibility Analysis for the False Killer Whale Take Reduction Plan. Pacific Islands Regional Office, Protected Resources Division. 165 p. + Appendices.
- NMFS. 2013. Draft Amendment 7 to the Fishery Ecosystem Plan for Pelagic Fisheries of the Western Pacific Region Regarding the Use and Assignment of Catch and Effort Limits of Pelagic Management Unit Species by the U.S. Pacific Island Territories and Specification of Annual Bigeye Tuna Catch Limits of the U.S. Pacific Island Territories, including an Environmental Assessment and Regulatory Impact Review. Issued December 23, 2013. 207 p. + Appendices.National Marine Fisheries Service. 2014.
- NMFS and WPFMC (Western Pacific Fishery Management Council). 2009. Amendment 18 to the Fishery Management Plan for Pelagic Fisheries of the Western Pacific Region, including a Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement, Regulatory Impact Review, and Initial Regulatory Flexibility Analysis. Issued March 10, 2009. 333 p.
- NMFS and WPFMC. 2012. Regulatory Amendment to the Western Pacific Pelagic Fishery Ecosystem Plan: Revised Swordfish Trip Limits in the Hawaii Deep-set Longline Fishery to Reduce Regulatory Discards, including an Environmental Assessment and Regulatory Impact Review. Issued May 14, 2012. 79 p. + Appendices.
- Oleson, E.M., C.H. Boggs, K.A. Forney, M.B. Hanson, D.R. Kobayashi, B.L. Taylor, P.R. Wade, and G.M. Ylitalo. 2010. Status Review of Hawaiian Insular False Killer Whales (Pseudorca crassidens) under the Endangered Species Act. U.S. Department of Commerce, NOAA Technical Memorandum, NOAA-TM-NMFS-PIFSC-22, 140 p.+ Appendices.
- Wade, P.R. and R.P. Angliss. 1997. Guidelines for Assessing Marine Mammal Stocks: Report of the GAMMS Workshop April 3-5, 1996, Seattle, Washington. U. S. Department of Commerce, NOAA Technical Memorandum, NMFS-OPR-12, 93 pp.
Updated: June 12, 2014