Marine Mammal PublicationsStatus & Conservation
- Conservation Plans for Depleted Marine Mammals
- Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA) Fact Sheet
- Recovery Plans for Endangered & Threatened Species
- Status Reviews of Endangered & Threatened Species
- Stock Assessment Reports (SARs)
- Viewing and Interacting with Marine Mammals in the Wild, Workshop at the 19th Biennial Conference on the Biology of Marine Mammals, Tampa, FL, November 27, 2011.
- Thomas C. Eagle (Chair), Steven X. Cadrin, Megan E. Caldwell, Richard D. Methot, Marta F. Nammack. Conservation Units of Managed Fish, Threatened or Endangered Species, and Marine Mammals: Report of a Workshop: February 14-16, 2006, Silver Spring, Maryland. NMFS-OPR-37. 2008.
- Andersen, M. S., K. A. Forney, T. V. N. Cole, T. Eagle, R. Angliss, K. Long, L. Barre, L. Van Atta, D. Borggaard, T. Rowles, B. Norberg, J. Whaley, and L. Engleby. Differentiating Serious and Non-Serious Injury of Marine Mammals: Report of the Serious Injury Technical Workshop, 10-13 September 2007, Seattle, Washington. U.S. Dep. Commer., NOAA Tech. Memo. NMFS-OPR-39. 94 p.
- Viewing Marine Mammals in the Wild: A Workshop to Discuss Responsible Guidelines and Regulations for Minimizing Disturbance. A Pre-Conference Workshop held before the 14th Biennial Conference on the Biology of Marine Mammals. Vancouver, BC, Canada. November 28, 2001.
- Didier, A.J., Jr. and V.R. Cornish (eds.). 1999. Development of a Process for the Long-term Monitoring of MMPA Category I and II Commercial Fisheries [6.2 MB]: Proceedings of a Workshop held in Silver Spring, Maryland, June 15-16, 1998. U.S. Dept. of Comm., NOAA Tech. Mem. NMFS-OPR-14, 46 p.
- Moore, Katie and Donna Wieting. 1999. Marine Aquaculture, Marine Mammals, and Marine Turtles Interaction Workshop [23.3 MB]. 12-13 January 1999, Silver Spring, MD. U.S. Dep. Commer., NOAA Tech. Memo. NMFS-OPR-16, 60 p.
- Angliss, Robyn P. and Douglas P. DeMaster. 1997. Guidelines for Differentiating Serious and Non-Serious Injury of Marine Mammals Taken Incidental to Commercial Fishing Operations: Report of the Serious Injury Workshop, 1-2 April 1997, Silver Spring, MD. U.S. Dep. Commer., NOAA Tech. Memo. NMFS-OPR-13, 48p.
- Guidelines for Preparing Marine Mammal Stock Assessment Reports [pdf]. 1997. GAMMS Workshop. April 3-5, 1996. Seattle, WA. NOAA Tech. Memo. NMFS-OPR-12.
--Appendix II: PBR guidelines (p. 51) [pdf]
- Reeves, Randall R., Robert J. Hofman, Gregory K. Silber, and Dean Wilkinson. 1996. Acoustic Deterrence of Harmful Marine Mammal-Fishery Interactions [2.9 MB]: Proceedings of Workshop Held in Seattle, WA. 20-22 March 1996. U.S. Dep. Commer., NOAA Tech. Memo. NMFS-OPR-10, 68 p.
- Payne, P. Michael, Brady Phillips, and Eugene T. Nitta (Compilers). 1995. Report of the Workshop to Assess Research and Other Needs and Opportunities Related to Humpback Whale Management in the Hawaiian Islands. April 26-28, 1995, Kaanapali, Maui, HI. U.S. Dep. Commer., NOAA Tech. Memo. NMFS-OPR-11, 134 p.
- Wang, Katherine R., P. Michael Payne, and Victoria G. Thayer (Compilers). 1994. Coastal Stocks of Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphin: Status Review and Management [11.7 MB]. Proceedings and Recommendations from Workshop held in Beaufort, NC, 13-14 September 1993. U.S. Dep. Commer., NOAA Tech. Memo. NMFS-OPR-4, 121 p.
- Proceedings of the Workshop to Review and Evaluate Whale Watching Programs and Management Needs [6.5 MB]. November 14-16, 1988. Monterey, CA.
- Ocean Acoustics publications
- Young, N.M. and S. Iudicello. 2007. Worldwide Bycatch of Cetaceans [2.3 MB]. U.S. Dep. Commerce, NOAA Tech. Memo. NMFS-OPR-36, 276 p.
- National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS). 1997. Investigation of Scientific Information on the Impacts of California Sea Lions and Pacific Harbor Seals on Salmonids and on the Coastal Ecosystems of Washington, Oregon, and California. U.S. Dep. Commer., NOAA Tech. Memo. NMFS-NWFSC-28, 172 p.
- Report to Congress on Results of Feeding Wild Dolphins: 1989-1994 [5 MB]. July 1994.
- Samuels, Amy and Trevor Spradlin. Quantitative Behavioral Study of Bottlenose Dolphins in Swim-With-The-Dolphin Programs in the United States [2.1 MB]. April 25, 1994.
Marine Mammal Health & Stranding Response Program
Updated: November 5, 2012