Marine Turtle Publications
(All publications are in PDF format.)Status & Conservation
- Recovery Plans for Marine Turtles
- National Marine Fisheries Service Southeast Fisheries Science Center. 2001. Stock assessments of loggerhead and leatherback sea turtles and an assessment of the impact of the pelagic longline fishery on the loggerhead and leatherback sea turtles of the Western North Atlantic. U.S. Department of Commerce NOAA Technical Memorandum NMFS-SEFSC- 455, 343 pp.
- Turtle Expert Working Group. 2000. Assessment Update for the Kemp's Ridley and Loggerhead Sea Turtle Populations in the Western North Atlantic [56.7 MB]. U.S. Dep. Commer. NOAA Tech. Mem. NMFS-SEFSC-444, 115 pp. [zip] [1.9 MB]
- Turtle Expert Working Group. 1998. Assessment of the Kemp's Ridley (Lepidochelys kempii) and Loggerhead (Caretta caretta) Sea Turtle Populations in the Western North Atlantic [18.1 MB]. NOAA Tech. Memo. NMFS-SEFSC-409. 96 pp.
- Plotkin, P.T. (Editor). 1995. National Marine Fisheries Service and U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service Status Reviews for Sea Turtles Listed under the Endangered Species Act of 1973. National Marine Fisheries Service, Silver Spring, MD.
- Annual Symposia on Sea Turtle Conservation and Biology
- Ryder, Cheryl E., Therese A. Conant, and Barbara A. Schroeder. 2006. Report of the Workshop on Marine Turtle Longline Post-Interaction Mortality [297 KB]. 15-16 January 2004, Bethesda, MD. U.S. Dep. Commer., NOAA Tech. Memo. NMFS-OPR-29, 35 p.
- Long, K. J., and B. A. Schroeder (editors). 2004. Proceedings of the International Technical Expert Workshop on Marine Turtle Bycatch in Longline Fisheries [8.2 MB] and Executive Summary. U.S. Dep. Commerce, NOAA Technical Memorandum NMFS-F/OPR-26, 189 p. Workshop Held in Seattle, WA, 11-13 February 2003.
- Bolten, A. B., H. R. Martins, and K. A. Bjorndal, editors. 2000. Workshop to design an experiment to determine the effects of longline gear modification on sea turtle bycatch rates [880 KB] U.S. Dep. Commer., NOAA Tech. Memo. NMFS-OPR-19, 50 p.
- Moore, Katie and Donna Wieting. 1999. Marine Aquaculture, Marine Mammals, and Marine Turtles Interaction Workshop [23.3 MB]. 12-13 January 1999, Silver Spring, Maryland. U.S. Dep. Commer., NOAA Tech. Memo. NMFS-OPR-16, 60 p.
- Williams, Phil, Paul J. Anninos, Pamela T. Plotkin, and Karen L. Salvini (Compilers). 1996. Pelagic longline fishery-sea turtle interactions [602 KB]: Proceedings of tan industry, academic, and government experts, and stakeholders workshop held in Silver Spring, MD, 24-25 May 1994. U.S. Dep. Commer., NOAA Tech. Memo. NMFS-OPR-7, 77 p.
- Environmental Assessment for Testing Longline Fishing Gear and Techniques to Avoid Catching Turtles in the Pacific Under the Endangered Species Act. Issuance of Scientific Research Permit No. 1303. February 2002.
- Epperly, S.P. and W.G. Teas. 1999. Evaluation of TED opening dimensions relative to size of turtles stranding in the Western North Atlantic. U.S. Dep. Commerce, National Marine Fisheries Service SEFSC Contribution PRD-98/99-08, 31 p.
- Heppell, Selina S., Larry B. Crowder, and Jeffrey Priddy. 1995. Evaluation of a Fisheries Model for the Harvest of Hawksbill Sea Turtles, Eretmochelys imbricata, in Cuba [7.0 MB]. U.S. Dep. Commerc., NOAA Tech. Memo. NMFS-OPR-5, 48 p.