Stay connected with us
around the nation »


HMS Permits and Reporting Forms

There are a variety of permitting and reporting requirements associated with Atlantic Highly Migratory Species (HMS). Atlantic HMS permit application and reporting forms listed below are also available on the NOAA Fisheries Government Paperwork Elimination Act (GPEA) Forms Portal.  

Permits and Applications

Any problems or permit issues? For non-regulatory calls, please contact the NOAA Fisheries Permit Shop customer service at (888) 872-8862, and dial 0 for a customer service representative.

Recreational Reporting

Save & Print:

Recreational Reporting Flyer: Full Page (8.5"x11")

Recreational Reporting Flyer: 2/page (5"x6.25")

Recreational Reporting Flyer: Spanish


For more information, visit the HMS Tournaments web page.

Exempted Fishing Permits



Atlantic Tuna Dealer Permits – Contact the NOAA Fisheries Northeast Region Permit Office at (978) 281-9370 from 8 am to 4:30 pm Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday or by e-mail at

Atlantic Swordfish or Shark Dealer Permits – Contact the Southeast Regional Office at (727) 824-5326 or check the Southeast Regional Office Permits Office website. Commercial shark and swordfish vessel permits are limited access only.

Vessel Owners