- Fisheries Home
- About Us
- Science Centers
- News & Multimedia
- Fisheries Resources
- Educators and Students
- Get Involved
- Sustainable Fisheries Home
- Atlantic HMS Home
- Related Topics
- Advisory Panels
Commercial Landings of Bluefin Tuna as of November 30, 2013
|Current Year 2013||Previous Year 2012|
|Category||Sub Category||Count of Fish||Avg Weight (lb)||Gross Weight (mt)||Quota Final (mt)||Count of Fish||Avg Weight (lb)||Gross Weight|
|Rod and Reel||1,168||362.8||192.2||2,299||378.4||394.6|
- This report SHOULD NOT be considered useful for real time catch monitoring purposes. It only includes landings reported
to NMFS to date.
- These numbers are considered preliminary and are subject to change.
- NMFS closed the General category January subquota period on February 15, 2013 (78 FR 11788; February 20, 2013) and
the Angling category Southern area trophy fishery on April 4, 2013 (78 FR 20258).
- The final 2013 Atlantic bluefin tuna specifications (78 FR 36685, June 19, 2013) adjusted the 2013 base quota and subquotas to account for 2012 underharvest and to address anticipated dead discards for 2013. This action also closed the the Longline North and South subquotas effective June 25, 2013.
This notice is a courtesy to Atlantic tuna fishery interests to keep you informed about the fishery. Official notice of Federal fishery actions is made through filing such notice with the Office of the Federal Register.To view catch statistics from previous months, please visit the Tunas page or contact Brad McHale at (978) 281-9260.
|Sign up for Atlantic HMS News
An electronic newsletter informing you of the latest HMS-related actions